Your holidays will be merry and bright in Grant County. Here you will find a town declared Christmas City (Marion, Indiana), dazzling light displays to de-“light” you, and classic, treasured traditions. Be on the lookout! Santa Claus has been known to visit Christmas City this time of year and appear in other local communities while he is here.
All month long, make sure to include Christmas City Walkway of Lights in your family traditions. Every year, this illumination destination gets bigger and brighter! New in 2022, walk or drive the expanded route with eleven shiny, new displays. The Walkway of Lights in Marion Indiana is located in Matter Park and goes well beyond light displays you’ve seen elsewhere. With more than 2.5 million sparkling lights, over 130 themed displays and a small $5 carload fee, Walkway of Lights is well worth the drive. Feeling like getting festive on your feet? You can walk and experience the Walkway of Lights for free.
Combine your excitement at Christmas City Walkway of Lights with other merry events around Grant County.
Thursday, Dec. 1 – Christmas in Converse
- Shop local as Santa Clause make his grand entrance in a firetruck and Mrs. Claus reads Christmas stories.
Saturday, Dec. 3 – Fairmount Festivities
- Shop for unique and handmade gifts at the Artisan Market at Fairmount Camp Event and Retreat Center.
- Hometown Holiday Celebration will include a tree lighting ceremony, Santa visits and free tummy-tingling hot chocolate and cookies.
Saturday, Dec. 3 – Gas City Gatherings
- Breakfast with Santa at the Gas City Fire Department will include a meet-n-greet with a real reindeer. Tickets required.
- Later that day, Santa will reappear at Let The Lights Shine on Main Street. Craft vendors, caroling and festive family activities will set the stage for the main event which is the twinkling parade of lights.
- Finally drive or walk through the colorful Gas City Christmas Lights in the Park at Gas City Park which is open through December 31
Grant County is your illumination destination this holiday season. While you’re here, visit other local communities decked out for the holidays. With Christmas City so close by, you’ll probably get lucky and run into Santa Claus, himself.
For cool dining options, click here.
For holiday shopping destinations, click here.
To receive a monthly e-newsletter highlighting cool and classic attractions and events, click here.