Hog Daze Rally
Experience Biker Rallies & Scenic Rides in the Home of the Hog
Hog Daze, Annually in August
Motorcycle rallies aren’t usually considered a sign of a rich history, but in the case of East Central, Indiana, the Hog Daze Motorcycle Rally celebrates the time and place that a Harley was first called a “hog.” In 1920, “The Hog Boys” team earned their nickname when they celebrated their victory in the 1920 Marion (Indiana) International Motorcycle Race by riding with a pig around the Cornfield Classic track. The hog moniker stuck, and the Hog Boys’ victory lap is now recreated annually at the Home of the Hog Motorcycle Rally and Ride.
The weekend-long event held in August features:
- Bike Rally near the Mississinewa River in Marion, Indiana
- Motorcycle Race
- Chasing Tail Benefit Ride
- Live bands
- Old School Bike Show and All Motorcycle Class Show
- Hog Roast and great food vendors
- Field events, contests and a dunk tank
- Church Service Sunday by Christian Motorcyclists Association
- Family Friendly Event
If You Go To Hog Daze:
- Event location: At the Grant County 4-H Fairgrounds, on State Road 18 in Marion
- Event Dates: Held annually in August
- Cost: $15 Weekend Entry
- Gates Open: 3pm Friday
- Lodging: Primitive camping included, $25 RV and Camper spaces, as well as rooms in area hotels
- Sponsor: the Hog Daze Bike Rally is an Indiana Motorcycle Preservation Society Event
Jonesboro River Rally, Annually in September
Downtown Jonesboro, Indiana plays host to the area’s largest motorcycle rally, the annual Jonesboro River Rally. Hundreds of bikers experience spectacular live entertainment and great food. And because the event is held on James Dean weekend, The Duck Tail Run Car Show is happening at the same time, just across the river in Gas City, Indiana. This is a unique biker rally that all riders are sure to enjoy.
The four day September event features:
- A poker run
- Bike show
- Live music and DJ
- Trick riders
If You Go To Jonesboro River Rally
- Event location: In downtown Jonesboro, Indiana along the Mississinewa River, just west of Gas City, Indiana.
- Event Dates: Held annually in September during James Dean weekend, the last full weekend of the month.
- Sponsor: Jonesboro’s motorcycle rally is sponsored by Ride & Leather, a local retailer featuring custom motorcycle gear.
Year Round Biker Ride Maps
Even if you’re not attending a Harley Davidson rally, Grant County and East Central Indiana boast scenic ride routes all year long. Experience the harrowing hills of Devil’s Backbone. Ride the original Cornfield Classic track. Those that don’t mind more rustic trails can visit the Mississinewa 1812 site. And when the ride is over, riders can throw back a cold drink or grab a hearty meal at a local restaurant.