Hog Daze Harley Davidson Rally
Experience Biker Rallies & Scenic Rides in the Home of the Hog
Hog Daze, September
Motorcycle rallies aren’t usually considered a sign of a rich history, but in the case of East Central, Indiana, the Hog Daze Harley-Davidson rally celebrates the time and place that a Harley was first called a “hog.” In 1920, “The Hog Boys” team earned their nickname when they celebrated their victory in the 1920 Marion (Indiana) International Motorcycle Race by riding with a pig around the Cornfield Classic track. The hog moniker stuck, and the Hog Boys’ victory lap is now recreated annually at the Home of the Hog motorcycle rally and ride.
The weekend-long event held in September features:
- Bike Rally along the Mississinewa River in Marion, Indiana.
- The “Chasing Tail” ride on the original Cornfield Classic track.
- Hog roast and other food vendors.
- Live music.
- Free primitive camping with entry
If You Go To Hog Daze Night:
- Event location: In downtown Marion, Indiana along the Mississinewa River and on the Cornfield Classic track.
- Event Dates: Held annually in September.
- Lodging: Free primitive camping with entry, as well as rooms in area hotels.
- Sponsor: the Hog Daze bike rally is sponsored by Main Street Marion.
Jonesboro River Rally, September
Downtown Jonesboro, Indiana plays host to the area’s largest motorcycle rally, the annual Jonesboro River Rally. Hundreds of bikers experience spectacular live entertainment and great food. And because the event is held on James Dean weekend, The Duck Tail Run Car Showis happening at the same time, just across the river in Gas City, Indiana. This is a unique biker rally that all riders are sure to enjoy.
The four day September event features:
- A poker run.
- Bike show.
- Live music and DJ.
- Trick riders.
If You Go To Jonesboro River Rally
- Event location: In downtown Jonesboro, Indiana along the Mississinewa River, just west of Gas City, Indiana.
- Event Dates: Held annually in September during James Dean weekend, the last full weekend of the month.
- Sponsor: Jonesboro’s motorcycle rally is sponsored by Ride & Leather, a local retailer featuring custom motorcycle gear.
Year Round Biker Ride Maps
Even if you’re not attending a Harley Davidson rally, Grant County and East Central Indiana boast scenic ride routes all year long. Experience the harrowing hills of Devil’s Backbone. Ride the original Cornfield Classic track. Those that don’t mind more rustic trails can visit the Mississinewa 1812 site. And when the ride is over, riders can throw back a cold drink or grab a hearty meal at a local restaurant.